Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 6

  • What I did today

Another magnificent day in the wonderful city of Sydney!
From the very morning, we have been touring the city by bus, starting from one side of the harbor (the one closest to our hotel), all the way to the other side (on the oppposite side of the city)... And I thought that this was a small city!

We got to see the Bridge and Opera House from a farther viewpoint on the harbor... It was kind of like a little cove! I took a lot of pictures here, since there were so many opportunities, and before I noticed, I was making my way down a rocky trail where we could see an opening to the harbor! It was such an amazing view! We had so much fun, running through the rain and wind, trying to see as much of the city as a human possibly can see in one day... I even saw this little cute parrot up in a tree! I never thought of the fact that parrots lived in trees in Australia! Though one thing I didn't enjoy much was that it was raining, rather pouring, like crazy! By the time we got out of the bus to look around, everyone came running back in cause it was so wet, windy, and cold. It would seem funny when people would hop onto the bus, fully out of breath. I guess walking through wind and rain CAN be tiring sometimes... And we were by the ocean, so the waves added a little more to this "experience", too... Though I did enjoy the listening to the waves go WOOOOSH! against the rocks and cliffs! It felt so free...
Continuing with our "lazy day" tour, we got dropped of at a beach. I'm pretty sure it was Bondi Beach... It was so nice... and calming... There were hardly any people there! Maybe a few joggers here and there, and possibly one surfer (I really wanted to go surfing!)... But that's it. We ran in the sand, followed the waves, and once we were out of breath, my friends and I went into this cafe by the beachside. We were so out of breath and freezing cold, and wet (let's not forget that), we got warm, freshly-baked muffins and a hot chocolate- Australian style. I don't know what they put into that hot cocoa, but it definitely topped the American one by a million! I wanted more, but unfortunately, we ran out of time.

But I guess that time was saved in order to enjoy our next and final bus tour stop, the Sydney Harbor! As a little group, we went all the way up to the top of the stairs... but to where? The Sydney Opera House! Finally... A dream come true... As soon as I took a picture, I ran up up to touch it. And surprisingly, it's not as white as it seems or looks on pictures! The color of the Opera House is more like a pale yellow. Hmm, interesting. Anyways, after a walk around the Opera House and down under it, too, we started heading towards the shore, where a line of small shops and little cafes were standing. After getting a lunch (another delicious Aussie burger), we walked allllll the way around until we reached our cruise ship port. This was so exciting! I got onto the humongous cruise ship, which led us in a slow-paced, wonderful tour of the Sydney Harbor itself. With wind blowing in my face, and my cheeks turning cold red, I was enjoying myself, despite the weather...

After about an hour, we finally made it to the other side, and we were dropped off at the Sydney Wildlife Center. I expected this "zoo" to be much larger, since it's Australia, so it didn't meet my expectations. But I definitely saw what I wanted to! All of the native animals of this country... A crocodile, a kangaroo, a wallaby, other animals that I don't remember the name of, and of course, my absolute favorite, the koala! I had the chance to pet a koala and take a picture with it, so I was all for it! It was so fuzzy and poofy, and curled up in a ball... Just like a realllllly fuzzy puppy in your hands! I've always wanted to see and pet a koala, and here I was...! After enjoying a great time at the Center, we had a prepared dinner for us. I had a traditional Aussie burger, and it was delicious!!! I could definitely have another one of those... The walk back home, otherwise known as our hotel, wasn't as bad as other days; however, it was still pretty long and my legs were sore after we finally made it inside. I always found it funny how someone would always say, "Is it around THIS corner?", and we would reply "We don't know yet, maybe...", getting lost in our thoughts and walk.
Another great, relaxing day in Sydney!!! And tomorrow are excursions, which means that we will get to go Whale Watching and climb the Sydney Bridge! You can probably guess how excited I am and see the smile on my face...

  • Journal of the Day
Traveling experiences and emotions can often change for the better or the worse during a trip; but no matter what, traveling can give you such a great, new perspective on life and the world around you! Every part of the world is the same, yet different and unique, even if countries are on the opposite sides of the world! It's cool to thing about how small and big the world is at the same time!
So far, I've enjoyed every single second of this trip, making it the best that I can when it counts the most! Going to Australia and New Zealand helped me open up more to other people and things, help me come out of my comfort zone, take risks or overcome my fears, as well as help me see the beauty in things... I've been doing all of this more often now, as we are farther into the trip. I've become more familiar with the people and things around me, relying on them for advice or help when I need it the most, but also trying to put myself in the situation and find a way out. In other words, try it for myself! I haven't been using much technology on this trip either, which is a huge step-up, seeing that I'm always surrounded by it at home. I've tried to become even more outgoing than I am, trying to get to know everyone on the trip, or even talk to people I wouldn't usually think of talking to and make new life-long friends. These are the kinds of things I have noticed improvements in, and even things that can teach you life lessons worth-knowing... At this moment, I haven't really found anything that has been challenging, but maybe that moment is yet to come, who knows?
I feel like going on this trip has so far helped me realize things and places, and focus on them, that I've never seen before. The culture, the way of life, and even the cuisine, is all so different than what I'm used to. The towns look different, the cities' atmospheres are different... Everything about all these places is all so unique and interesting!
I feel like with trips like these, you have the chance to do things you've never done before, and see things you've never seen before... It's all just an unexpecting moment in life, a moment in life in which you're just watching for something to happen or jump out at you! These trips are thrills, pure adventures, and simply just the how the world is meant to be!
Instead of holding back and not stepping up to the challenges you are about to face, there's no point in traveling. Traveling is the time to give it your all and enjoy every minute, every second of it!
Just like that, I've enjoyed every part of the trip and completely fell in love with both countries!!!
Someday in the future, I will look back at these past and upcoming days and say "WOW". Stare, think, and remember all of the places I've been to and all that I've been through... Completely breathless, that's what it is... And put a great big smile on my facem because I finally know what traveling is!


4 comments:

  1. At Jmaloo we put together all the beauty secrets and its getaways into one place for you to explore, browse and find your best match with amazing deals and prices.

    cosmetic
    filler
    botox
    laser hair removal
    fractional laser
    prp

    Contact Information :-
    Website :- www.jmaloo.com
    Phone Number :- +971503246040
    Email :- info@jmaloo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy Real Driver's License Online
    Email Us:- inkdrop121@gmail.com
    What's App Number +44 7520660907

    We're the producers of legal documents and we provide documents like Drivers license, passport, visa, ssn, citizenship certificate and many more. If you are interested or for more information please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via Email Us:- inkdrop121@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete